At the call of CWFI, a 48-hour strike is underway in India. The demands are:
- No merger of Building & Others Construction Welfare Fund Act with other social security Act.
- No merger of Interstate Migrant Workers Act with other Social Security Act.
- The Central Government has to provide financial help to the State Governments to ensure smooth payment of pension to beneficiaries of Construction Workers Welfare Boards
- Reduce GST rate of all Building Materials
- No to 100% FDI in Housing Construction Sector
Photos from the strike: